You’re a blogger?
SkinnyScoop is your new best friend.
Lists are a great way to easily showcase your expertise and share the things you know and love on your blog in a beautiful, organized way.
Use lists to do everything from compile your favorite books and products to run a contest or share a great travel itinerary – and post to your blog in one easy step. Lists can also be shared via e-mail, on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.
- Collaborative: Create a list on your own or collaborate with your readers by asking for suggestions
- Customizable: Choose what size of your list fits best in your post or sidebar
- Easy to Install: Just copy/paste a code we’ll generate for you, it’s really that simple!
- Increases Engagement: Collect suggestions and allow visitors to click through to purchase all of your favorite things directly from your blog
- Go to www.skinnyscoop.com/list/create
- Fill in your title, description and category. Opt whether or not to allow for suggestions on your list.
- Click on the orange “HTML” button on the side of your list.
- Cut and paste the List Widget into your post or sidebar
A Few Fun Ways You Might Use Lists in Your Sidebar:
Foodies: Profile recently visited restaurants or recipes you’ve tried – no updates necessary, just keep adding to your list!
Music lovers: A sidebar list of favorite songs or albums is a great way to give readers a taste of your personality and something you’ll want to update regularly!
Fashionistas: What are you coveting? Lists can be used to universally collect and showcase lust-worthy picks.
Bloggers & Journalists: Use a sidebar lists for your bookmarks like Tommy Smythe of HGTV did, or keep a running tab of articles and newsworthy stories that catch your eye.
Companies & Causes: It’s easy to create a list of upcoming events to display in your sidebar, which allow readers to comment, vote and engage on your page. The United Way of The Bay Area did a great job with theirs!
Other ideas: Use a list to profile important content you want to keep in one place for a long period of time – or create new lists frequently and change them as a weekly, monthly or seasonal feature. The possibilities are endless!
*We’re sorry to be the bearers of bad news, but WordPress-hosted blogs are unable to host widgets of any kind. This is not specific to SkinnyScoop, but is a restriction that WordPress has imposed. We’re working on a solution.