David Hefner is the son of Hugh Hefner, the late American publisher, founder, and editor-in-chief of Playboy Magazine. He is a 68-year-old American computer analyst, movie maker, and editor born on the 30th of August 1955.
Although Hugh Hefner has been dead since 2017, he is continually remembered for the Playboy Empire he built, a legacy which his children are doing their best to keep alive. He had four children while he lived and just like him, most of them are comfortable being in the spotlight. However, there is one of them who shies away from the limelight and that’s David Hefner, his oldest son whom he had with his first wife, Mildred “Millie” Williams.
Unlike his father who became popular for several reasons, including his wild partying lifestyle which was once the subject of a reality television show, David prefers to live a very quiet life away from the public eye. This has made him keep a low profile even though he is part of the Playboy Enterprise Empire.
Summary of David Hefner’s Biography
- Full name: David Hefner
- Gender: Male
- Date of birth: 30th August 1955
- Place of birth: Palo Alto, California, United States
- David Hefner’s Age: 68 years old
- Ethnicity: Mixed
- Nationality: American
- Zodiac Sign: Virgo
- Sexual Orientation: Straight
- Religion: Christianity
- Marital Status: Married
- David Hefner’s Children: 2
- David Hefner’s Parents: Hugh Hefner (father) and Millie Hefner (mother)
- Siblings: Christie, Cooper, Marston
- Education: University of California Santa Cruz
- Profession: Computer analyst and filmmaker/editor
- David Hefner’s Height in Inches: 73
- David Hefner’s Height in Centimetres: 185
- David Hefner’s Weight: 75 kg
- Eye color: Brown
- Hair color: Black
- David Hefner’s Net worth: $2 million
- Famous for: Being the son of Hugh Hefner
David Hefner is the Second Child of Hugh Hefner and Mildred Williams
David Hefner is the first son and second child of Playboy founder, Hugh Hefner, and his first wife, Mildred Williams, often called Millie. He was born in Palo Alto, California, United States, on the 30th August 1955, and is currently 68 years old. He is an American citizen, of White ethnicity, and his zodiac sign is Virgo.
Considering the fact that he was born to a very wealthy man, there is no doubt that David had a good life growing up. However, despite the fact that his father was very popular, he has done a great job keeping himself and almost all information about his background away from the public. As a result, nothing is known about his childhood, early education, and where he spent his early life among other things.
Who is David Hefner’s Mother?
While David Hefner’s father needs no introduction, as he made a name for himself before his death, a lot of people know next to nothing about his mother whose name is Mildred Williams. An American citizen, Mildred was born on March 10, 1926, in Chicago, Illinois, USA, and is currently 97 years old.
According to reports, she was raised by her parents (whose names are not known) and she had a decent childhood. She attended a local school in her hometown for her elementary and high school education and later moved on to Northwestern University.
David’s Parents were Married for a Decade
It is not known when Hugh and Mildred began dating but they were reportedly childhood sweethearts. They were together during Hugh Hefner’s stint in the army from 1944 to 1946. While they dated, they decided not to engage in any sexual relations until they got married.
Unfortunately, while Hefner was away serving in the Army, Mildred had an affair with another man, which devastated Hefner. However, they went ahead and got married on June 25th, 1949, when they were both 23 years old. Even after that, Mildred continued to feel guilty for giving her body to another man. As a result, it was revealed in Hugh’s E! True Hollywood Story from 2006 that she allowed Hugh to have sexual relationships with other women just to lessen her guilt.
Speaking of the incident, Hugh Hefner said he had literally saved himself for his wife, but after they had sex, she told him that she’d had an affair. He described the moment she made the revelation as the most devastating moment in his life, adding that his wife was more sexually experienced than he was. Following the disclosure, Hugh said, he always felt in a sense that the other guy was in bed with them each time they were intimate.
The cloud hanging over the couple’s marriage from the onset not withstanding, they welcomed two children together. Their first child, a daughter named Christie, wаѕ born οn November 8th, 1952, while David was born οn August 30th, 1955.
Sadly, even with the kids in the picture and Hugh’s freedom to sleep with other women, his marriage to Mildred Williams could not last beyond ten years, as they called it quits in 1959. David was about four years old at the time.
David Hefner’s Mother Remarried After Her Divorce From His Father
After David’s parents got divorced, his mother, Mildred, remarried to a man named Edwin Gunn. David and his sister, Christie, lived with their mother and stepfather while their biological father carried on with his flamboyant, wild life. This adversely affected their relationship with their father, giving room for Edwin to adopt them after which they dropped their father’s surname for his.
However, Mildred and Edwin’s union did not last long, as they split a few years after they got married. David and his sister later changed their surnames back to their real father’s, as they mended their relationship with him.
His partying and frolicking lifestyle not withstanding, Hugh Hefner was a family man at heart. He tried to create time to have a one-on-one relationship with David and his sister, and this helped to strengthen the bond they shared. He was present at school graduation and at other important events, and until his last years on earth, he still regularly spent time with his children.
David Hefner Has Three Siblings
As we stated earlier, David Hefner’s parents had two children while they were married – he and his older sister, Christie. He also has two younger half-brothers named Marston Hefner and Cooper Hefner from his father’s second marriage to Kimberly Conrad, 1989’s Playmate of the Year, whom he married in 1989.
Christie was born in November 1952 in Chicago, Illinois, and is currently 71 years old. She attended Brandeis University from where she received a bachelor’s degree in English and American literature in 1974.
One year after, she started working at her father’s company. By 1982, she had risen to the position of president of Playboy Enterprises, and six years after, she was made the company’s CEO. Christie eventually stepped down from the position in 2008 to pursue her interest in working in charities and non-profit organizations.
Marston Hefner is the first of Hugh and Kimberly’s two sons, and Hugh’s third child overall. He was born Marston Glenn Hefner in 1990 and raised in Los Angeles, California, United States. He is an editor, writer, gamer, TV personality, and the founder of Young Magazine. Marston is currently married to a young lady named Anna.
Born in September 1991 in Los Angeles, Cooper is the second child of Hugh and Kimberley. He attended Chapman University from where he graduated in 2015. The following year, he established his own media firm called Hop and also joined Playboy as the chief creative officer after his father stepped down from the position. Additionally, Chapman is also a teacher at Chapman University, where he also a member of the board of governors.
In 2019, he enlisted in the US Air Force and announced that he had tied the knot with Harry Potter actress Scarlett Byrne. They welcomed their first child, a daughter named Betsy Rose Hefner, on August 24, 2020. On March 26, 2022, Scarlett gave birth to their twin daughters.
What Does David Hefner Do?
For reasons best known to David, he has chosen not to work professionally with Playboy, however, he did not completely abandon his father’s career path. He received a degree in film and digital media from the University of California, Santa Cruz, and afterward, he established his own computer consulting company.
David also kicked off his career in the film industry with his first feature, Forgotten Pills (2010), which won the Grand Jury prize for best feature at the 2010 Dances with Films festival. Three years later, he started working on his second feature titled Washed (2014). He is also credited as an editor on several productions, including Pay Attention (2004), Shot up and Shoot (2006), Dusty Road (2006), Heroes at Home (2008), Grandmother (2010), Translogic (2013-2019), and Talita (2017).
David Hefner’s Wife and Children
His success in the film industry notwithstanding, David Hefner prefers to keep his personal life away from the public. Some reports have it that he is married with two children, but no information about them has been made public, not even their names.
Key Facts About David Hefner
- Who is David Hefner? David Hefner is the eldest son of Playboy magazine founder Hugh Hefner and Millie Williams. Unlike his father and siblings, David has remained largely out of the public eye, choosing to pursue a career in computer science and entrepreneurship instead.
- What is David Hefner’s profession? David Hefner is an entrepreneur with a computer consulting firm. He is also known to have made contributions to the film and entertainment industry, working as a computer graphics specialist.
- What is David Hefner’s relationship to the Playboy brand? While David Hefner is the son of Playboy magazine founder Hugh Hefner, he chose not to involve himself in the family business. His preference has been to live a private life and establish a career separate from the Playboy brand.
- Who are David Hefner’s siblings? David Hefner has three siblings: Christie Hefner, Cooper Hefner, and Marston Hefner. Christie served as the chairman and CEO of Playboy Enterprises from 1988 to 2009, while Cooper has worked as the chief creative officer and chief of global partnerships at Playboy Enterprises.
- Is David Hefner married? Does he have children? David Hefner is known to be married and has two children. However, he has chosen to keep the details of his wife and children private.
- Where was David Hefner educated? David Hefner completed his high school education in Palo Alto, California. He later attended the University of California Santa Cruz, where he studied film and digital media.
- What is David Hefner’s net worth? David Hefner is estimated to have a net worth of approximately $2 million, which he has earned through his profession as a computer consultant and business owner.
- Who were David Hefner’s parents? David Hefner’s parents were Hugh Hefner, the founder of Playboy magazine, and Millie Williams, also known as a prominent ex-wife of Hugh Hefner.
- When was David Hefner born? David Hefner was born on August 30th, 1955, in Palo Alto, California, United States.
- What are some interesting facts about David Hefner? Despite his connections to the Playboy brand, David Hefner chose a more private life and career path separate from his family’s business. He holds a degree in film and digital media and runs his own computer consulting firm. His film “Forgotten Pills” has been featured in several film festivals and won the Grand Jury Prize in 2010.