Starting a conversation is one of the many ways to get to know someone, but this could be a herculean task for some. When it comes to conversation, asking questions is one good way to get to know people, thus leading an interesting conversation. For those who may find it difficult to break the ice, be it with strangers, in a gathering, with family or friends, the surest way you can do this is by asking, “would you rather questions.”
These questions give you the opportunity of choosing between two options, the most desirable answer. The interesting part is that some of these would you rather questions are thought-provoking and funny, while others are ridiculous and weird in every sense of reasoning. Nevertheless, these questions have proven to be one of the best icebreakers that can help anyone start a conversation or keep a conversation going.
These questions are guaranteed to lead to fun-filled and interesting conversations. That being said, check out the list of 65 best Would You Rather Questions to ask someone. We hope you’d find them very cool and interesting.
Good Would You Rather Questions to Ask Someone
1. Would you rather sing like an opera star or cook like a gourmet chef?
2. Would you rather get rich through hard work or through winning the lottery?
3. Would you rather live where it is constantly winter or where it is constantly summer?
4. On your birthday, would you rather receive cash or gifts?
5. Would you rather be a kid your whole life or an adult your whole life?
6. Would you rather be without internet for a week, or without your phone?
7. Would you rather have your flight delayed by 8 hours or lose your luggage?
8. Would you rather be given a lifetime supply of delicious food or books?
9. Would you rather be stuck on an island alone or with someone who talks incessantly?
10. Would you rather have many good friends or one very best friend?
11. Would you rather spend a year as a cop or a teacher in an inner-city neighborhood?
12. Would you rather have a desk job or an outdoor job?
13. Would you rather change your eye color or your hair color?
14. Would you rather have your first child when you are 18 or 40?
15. Would you rather meet George Washington or the current President?
16. Would you rather be filthy rich and live 400 years ago or be poor but live today?
17. Would you rather be a part of an arranged marriage or spend your life as a single person?
18. Would you rather spend two weeks stuck in a psychiatric hospital or stuck in an airport?
19. Would you rather meet the president of the United States or a movie star?
20. Would you rather be too busy or be bored?
21. Would you rather watch the big game at home or live at the stadium?
22. Would you feel worse if no one showed up to your wedding or to your funeral?
23. Would you rather always say everything on your mind or never speak again?
24. Would you rather go on a cruise with friends or with your spouse?
25. Would you rather be known for your intelligence or your good looks?
26. Would you rather have a rewind button or a pause button on your life?
27. Would you rather have x-ray vision or magnified hearing?
28. Would you rather be able to talk with the animals or speak all foreign languages?
29. Would you rather be fluent in all languages or be a master of every musical instrument?
30. Would you rather put a stop to war or end world hunger?
Funny Would You Rather Questions to Ask Someone
31. Would you rather travel around the US and see the sights in a motorhome or by plane?
32. Would you rather eat a meal of cow tongue or octopus?
33. Would you rather babysit a crying infant for a day or have an unwanted houseguest for a week?
34. Would you rather have more time or more money?
35. Would you rather have an unlimited gift certificate to a restaurant or a clothing store?
36. Would you rather be an unknown major league baseball player or a famous badminton star?
37. Would you rather be the most popular person at work or school or the smartest?
38. Would you rather be able to breathe underwater or fly through the air?
39. Would you rather mentally or physically never age?
40. Would you rather be on a survival reality show or dating game show?
41. Would you rather take an action-packed European vacation or spend two weeks at the same Caribbean resort?
42. Would you rather have a family of 12 children or never be able to have children at all?
43. Would you rather have nosy neighbors or noisy neighbors?
44. Would you rather spend the day with your favorite athlete or your favorite movie star?
45. Would you rather spend the next year exempt from all taxes or have a one-month paid vacation?
46. Would you rather spend the night in a luxury hotel room or camping surrounded by beautiful scenery?
47. Would you rather have your debt forgiven or have guaranteed good health for a decade?
48. Would you rather be 4’5” or 7’7”?
49. Would you rather end hunger or hatred?
50. Would you rather be the youngest or the oldest sibling?
51. Would you rather spend the day at an amusement park or lazing on the beach?
52. Would you rather be able to take back anything you say or hear every conversation around you?
53. Would you rather your kids wear a uniform to school or clothing of their choice?
54. Would you rather go without TV or junk food for the rest of your life?
55. Would you rather own a house or rent a residence?
56. Would you rather lose your keys or your cell phone?
57. Would you rather go deep-sea diving or bungee jumping?
58. Would you rather be too hot or too cold?
59. Would you rather be an Olympic gold medalist or a Nobel Peace Prize winner?
60. When you’re old, would you rather die before or after your spouse?
61. Would you rather have the details of your financial life or your love life be made public?
62. Would you rather have the best house in a bad neighborhood or the worst house in a good neighborhood?
63. Would you rather be stuck on a train or a bus?
64. Would you rather be locked in an amusement park or a library?
65. Would you rather hear the good news or the bad news first?
How to Play the Would You Rather Question Game
1. Get Everyone’s Attention
When the room becomes so clumsy and boring, such that everyone seems uncomfortable, that would be the best time to introduce the would you rather question game. Before starting the game, the first thing to do is to get everyone’s attention. After that, spell out the game rules to everyone in the room, as this will set the grounds for the game to begin. For instance, it may be grouping everyone into various teams and have them play against each other. However, don’t forget the aim, which is to entertain and keep everyone motivated. Hence, there is no winner in the game.
2. Find a List of Questions Appropriate for Your Situation
As there are different categories of people, viz kids and adults, so also there are questions that will most likely fit the situation. There a numerous lists that can fit into a given situation, and the questions above might do the magic for you. However, if you are looking for something a little different while in a kids’ gathering, try these icebreaker questions for kids, and for work-related meetings, check out this list of funny questions you can ask. You can also utilize our list of random, funny, and weird questions to ask someone.
3. Set Time Limit For Each Question
To be more effective with the game, you will have to set a time limit for players to speed up the game and make room for faster decisions. You can achieve this by using a stop-watch or by flipping a gaming hourglass. The lesser the time limit, the more pressure the player will face in giving their answers. To further make it interesting, try giving a penalty to any player who fails to give their answer on time. When this is achieved, it is pertinent to state who will answer first to be prepared ahead of the question.
4. Create Room for Further Discussions
We already know that the primary aim of asking would you rather questions is to improve conversation and kill boredom. However, if you encounter questions that create a buzz in the room, try using that question to drive further discussion by asking why they chose their answer or making comments that would lead to more explanations; rather than just churning out answers. Doing this will make the game more fascinating and equally promote high energy among players.
Benefits of Asking Would You Rather Questions
1. It Helps to Sharpen One’s Critical Thinking Skills
Asking “would you rather questions” can be fun and quite beneficial to those involved. Beyond that, it helps to sharpen one’s critical thinking skills. For instance, the question presents two choices, which are to be evaluated before answering. However, for one to answer correctly and express themselves, it requires critical thinking. Sometimes, the answers you get from asking these questions may lead to further discussions or explanations, which would help one defend their choices. These questions also help one to consider other people’s opinions and try to re-assess their own views.
2. They Serve As Boredom Busters
Whether you are out with a group of friends or family members, there comes a time when the atmosphere tends to arouse boredom. In such situations, asking “would you rather questions” can help break the ice and keep the conversation going. Similarly, if you are going on an excursion to a distant location and have exhausted topics of discussion, these thought-provoking questions will surely lighten up the atmosphere, promote positive energy, and keep everyone engaged.
3. Would You Rather Questions Serve As Morning Brain Boosters
When you wake up from sleep and feel down or perhaps have nothing to do, why not play the would you rather question game. These questions can help get your brain fired up and ready to take on your daily tasks. More so, this can be a great starter for your kids as it will help get their brains active by making them think deeply and unveil thoughtful answers. This will undoubtedly set them up for their daily activities.
4. Anyone Can Play the Game
When it comes to the “would you rather question” game, anyone can play the game, irrespective of their age, as there is a wide variety of questions for everyone. While young kids can answer straightforward questions, adults can have tougher and thought-provoking questions. The game aims to get everyone to be active, which may also come with lots of fun and humor. In your next outing with your friends, family, campmates, asking these questions will definitely help you to know them better.
5. There is no Minimum or Maximum Number of Players
The number of people that can play the game is unlimited. While there is no minimum number, there is also no maximum number of players. However, having more than two persons play the game will give room for a more unique and fascinating experience. If you have a large number of people, try separating them into smaller groups, with all the members having to reach a consensus before giving their answers. By doing this, no one will be left out, and boredom can never stand a chance.
6. It is Fun-guaranteed
With the “would you rather question” game, whether for kids, teens, or adults, we are certain you will have fun to the fullest. More than that, it will help you ascertain how fast and smart one can be. Through this game, one would also learn more about their friends or family members and their life choices. Some of the questions are funny and can guarantee you and your friends will be laughing so hard until you get your ribs cracking. The bottom line is that there will never be a dull moment with this game. What are you waiting for? Give it a try already!