We all want a face that looks flawless. And somehow we all know that woman defying, acne, fine lines, blackheads, etc. So how does she do it? After analyzing about 24 products and consulting a good number of dermatologists, we found that moisturizers can do all the magic. The formulas are made to boost hydration in your skin, eradicate flaking and dullness. It also helps protect the skin from sunburns by creating a protective layer of moisture that lasts all day. A good moisturizer also slows down the effects of age as some come with anti-aging ingredients.
With the help of skin care experts, we present you the moisturizers that will help you gather up that spotless-boosting confidence no matter your skin type. They include Clarins HydraQuench Cream, Olay Regenerist Regenerating Deep Hydration Cream Moisturizer and Murad Hydro-Dynamic Ultimate Moisture. Check below to see more moisturizers that really do the job.
Best Face Moisturizer For Different Skin Textures
Clarins HydraQuench Cream Face Moisturizer
Clarins HdraQuench is a hypoallergenic cream that restores moisture to dry skin by offering instant relief from dryness and tightness. Ingredients include Katafray Bark and Sorbier Tree Bud extracts that fight dehydration. It also has pollutants that enhance radiance while reducing the visibility of wrinkles. While it is not brimming with skin irritants, it has ingredients like hyaluronic acid which may not suit some skin. Apart from that, the cream is a win and is perfect for skin in temperate climates.
- Leaves the skin soft, supple, and moisturized
- When applied in the right amount, it does not leave skin greasy
- Not known as a harsh formula so could suit a sensitive skin
- No known adverse effect or reactions to skin
- It glides smoothly on skin
- It is thick and easily absorbed into the skin
- Does not give skin unwanted shine
- Improves skin texture making it better and brighter.
- Cold be greasy when applied too much
- It simply a moisturizer, thus does not have any anti-ageing or skin lightening properties, although it did make any such claims.
- It comes in a jar, making a little unhygienic when the hands are not clean
If you have a really thirsty skin, try this cream. It is an excellent cream when it comes to retaining moisture. It contains ingredients like hyaluronic acid which allows the skin have sufficient moisture. Pair with Clarins Toning Lotion and
Clarins Double Serum Complete Age Control Concentrate to give your skin the complete radiance it needs.
- This Item is not a Tester
- Packaging may vary
Dermalogica Super Sensitive Shield SPF 30
This cream is the perfect companion to stay moisturized and protected in all condition. Dermalogica protects the skin from UV rays. The day-time face moisturizer uses both zinc oxide and titanium oxide as mineral sunscreen. It also brims with humectants like sodium hyaluronate, butylene, glycol and glycerin which all together gives an impression. It is a really light formula that is also slippery. This means it glides smoothly and gives full coverage. However, it is easy to spill if you knock the bottle over. The nickel-size squirt is specially intended to protect acne-prone which is a great idea when during scorching weather
- It improves the skin self-hydrating power
- protects from harmful effects of the sun
- It is easily absorbed
- Does not feel too heavy, thus won’t give you unwanted shine
- It is easy to spill when you trip
This is another formula that instantly revives your intensely quenched skin for a fresh, radiant and plump result. For its lightness, we found it a little bit more comfortable on the skin than some out there. Plus it is easily absorbed.
- For skin irritated by the ingredients in most sunscreens
- Skin that has already been burned
Murad Hydro-Dynamic Ultimate Moisture Face Moisturizer
Murad Hydro-Dynamic Ultimate Moisture has tons of skin benefits. Featuring collagen technology, this moisturizer helps moisturize, reform age and prevent acne for a smoother skin. More than that, we love that it is a long wear lasting up to 8 hours. The formula also helps draw water into the skin and ensures it’s retained in the layers where it is needed most for penetrating long-lasting hydration. Retinyl palmitate gives superior improve skin texture and tone reviving natural suppleness. Also, the cream helps prevent the build-up of bacteria that can cause skin breakouts or imbalances. Other ingredients such as shea butter, avocado, sunflower and olive fruit oils condition skin to restore elasticity and support the skin’s natural protective limit. Altogether, these offer a radiant skin complexion and texture in the end.
- Hydrates for longer time
- Restores youthful glow
- Relieves really dry or dehydrated skin
- Skin feels silky soft and completely hydrated
- It is light, not greasy and absorbs easily
- Quite gentle on the skin
- A little dab on a single use is enough to do the wonders on your face
- It costs a little more to own this cream
Murad moisturizer comforts and restores youthful hydration to dehydrated skin. It goes on smoothly and absorbs quickly with a long-lasting benefit. However, it costs a little to get it, but surely, it is a worthwhile investment. Additionally, it can pair well with Dermalogica Super Sensitive Shield SPF 30 which offers great skin protection.
- PREMIUM HYDRATION AND ANTI AGING EFFECTS: Hydro-Dynamic Ultimate Moisture instantly relieves dry, dehydrated skin while reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.This powerful formula has been modernized and improved to provide a premium feel on the skin while tripling hydration levels from 8 to 24 hours in a Murad sponsored study.
- THE LATEST IN SKINCARE TECHNOLOGY: This lightweight, non-greasy facial moisturizer contains Advanced Hyaluronic Acid technology and Coconut Extract to provide long-lasting, 24-hour hydration that gives the skin a youthful, smooth texture while enhancing the skin's humectant properties by transporting water deeper for more instense and lasting hydration.
BareMinerals Hydrating Gel Cream SPF 30 Face Moisturizer
BareMinerals Gel Cream has all the streaks of a top moisturizer for dry skin including delivering superior hydration, replenishing thirsty skin, dewy sheer-to-medium coverage and more. The cream provides gentle mineral-based sun protection and we are comfortable recommending it for its non-chemical quality. Apart from that, the spectrum adds extra sauce to the normal and dry skin, provide anti-ageing sun protection and a more a natural-looking coverage to enhance the skin. Keep in that this isn’t the best product to opt for when you need a moderate to full coverage. However, that’s not a deal breaker rather it is what is common with tinted moisturizers which normally deliver sheer, translucent coverage. That said, with its emollients and water-binding agents like propanediol, trehalose, and squalane makes the gel feels relaxing, smooth and moisturizing. More than that, it has a very nice range of shades for most skin tones.
- It enhances skin cells plump and well hydrated with moisture.
- It relaxing and gives extra sauce to medium skin with neutral tones.
- Gives you a smoother radiant skin
- Skin feels softer and more supple
- Broad spectrum protection
- It applies easily and gives a satin-like dewy finish
- Fragrance -free
- Not the best for those with very oily skin since they need to add powder to cover shine-prone areas
- Jar packaging
- Some have complained that it requires a little effort to apply
You may need to check other options on the list rather than this moisturizer if your face is not dry and thirsty for water. It leaves the skin naturally radiating. We love its non-chemical feature which to us stands out.
- For medium skin with neutral tones
Olay Regenerist Regenerating Deep Hydration Cream Moisturizer
The hydrating properties of Olay revive the skin cell, softening the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. The cream hydrates the deepest layers (reaching up to 10 layers) of dry skin thanks to its Amino-Peptide Complex feature. Also, it is a gentle exfoliator with nutrients that nourish, cleanse and hydrate skin. The removal of dead skin cells allows new cells to emerge for a radiant complexion. What we think is really major is the moisturizer’s ability to decrease the appearance of fine lines while increasing healing and regenerating. Additionally, it applies smoothly without a greasy appearance. However, it may not be the perfect option when what you want is a long-lasting day-time hydrating. You can get the Olay Night Recovery cream and Olay Advanced Anti-aging Serum for around-the-clock skin healing.
- Offers you a younger-looking skin
- It is gentle and calm on even damaged skin
- Aids skin recovery.
- Long-lasting protection and hydrating
- Cleanses the skin.
- Non-greasy and absorbs sufficiently
- Moisturizes well and promotes collagen production
- It is ultra-rich and anti-aging.
- May suit people very thirsty skin.
Generally, this is a very great cream for dry skin. It has top quality hydrating ingredients (including glycerin and niacinamide. We love that it smells nice, unlike many scent-ess moisturizers. However, those with very dry skin may find its texture somewhat light. Other than that the cream is a good formula everybody can try.
- This anti-aging moisturizer hydrates skin for all-day moisture that helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Formulated with an Amino-Peptide Complex, it regenerates skin's youthful appearance
La Roche-Posay Anthelios 50 Mineral Sunscreen Face Moisturizer
La Roche-Posay Mineral Sunscreen is an ultra-light formula. The liquid formula helps in improving skin texture, be it dry or oily. It is rich in nutrients which not only lend moisture to the skin but also thwart the effects of the sun on the skin. The cream has very intriguing oxidants including Zinc Oxide and Antioxidants and we love the wide spectrum protection it delivers with its SPF level placed at 50. Most of us fell for the way it goes on oily and dries to a matte within minutes when applied. However, we didn’t find it as something that rubs or slather in smoothly and easily. Of course, this doesn’t ruin much given the benefits you stand to gain.
- Provides widest-spectrum sun protection
- Contains fascinating oxidants
- Doesn’t cause breakouts
- It calms and repairs the skin
- Makes skin looks much younger.
- It is safe and shields you from health effects o the sun
- A little pricey
This is a nice moisturizer that can go on before makeup. Your skin will look nothing short of well hydrated and stunning. But you will have to pay a little more and also deal with its application.
- Broad Spectrum SPF 50
- Water resistant (40 minutes)